Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Zune nano?

So there are reports that Microsoft was in the works of a Zune "Nano". I have a Zune HD myself, I'm very happy with this product but there are a few issues. I felt like Microsoft just kicked the Zune device line in the dirt and just went to WP7. The Zune HD also lacks Apps. When Zune HD first came out, it had alot of potential but it sort of died just due to increasing technology and alot of competition against Apple and their iPod Touch line.
So what do you guys think about the Zune "Nano"? Links are provided below

http://www.winrumors.com/microsofts-axed-zune-nano-project-revealed-in-pictures/
http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=D638,819.PN.&OS=PN/D638,819&RS=PN/D638,819

23 comments:

  1. Interesting idea (copycats) but in this market, it will never stand a chance vs. the competition

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is really about time this happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it can compete with apple. It is really unfortunate as itunes and ipods have some serious flaws. I loved the music sharing idea that the zune brought in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's just gonna be an ipod nano clone, they won't have any succes. I'm pretty sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Competition is always good, to encourage new products and lower prizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have be better if it was more of an original idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been looking forward to something like this for a good bit actually. Microsoft is stepping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I might actually want to get one of the Zune Nanos. The problem is, Microsoft doesn't sell them officially in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Zune is all but dead now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of Zune before this, pretty intradesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been duped on the crappy Zune twice. I'm not falling for it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm not sure if want. i like my ipod very much..

    ReplyDelete
  13. that would be pretty cool. i agree that zune didnt get a fair chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had the original zune and loved it... until I got my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zune eh, it's not as bad as people market it to be. Just iPods are better even if I don't like apple I like iPods over Zunes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dont own a Zune but... it is the millenia trend everything goes nano.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks very interesting. But I'd go with an Apple product myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've had an apple product for awhile and just went to zune and I like it

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Dvallej Yes it is. Its still striving Software wise but not hardware :/

    ReplyDelete